A DUMB QUESTION

CHAPTER 2 :
Today when I look back I smile and grin about the roller coaster ride that I had till now. I barely remember my childhood, but yes what I remember is the on and off spanking I received unwillingly from some of my childhood mentors and caretakers.
Today I wonder if those schedule torturing has had helped me in actually achieving anything in my life. On gaining consciousness about my surroundings, my peer group, my places of learning, I wonder if they taught me to be reluctant & focused towards my goal or to be selfish, greedy, jealous about others achievement to ones degree of comparisons.
I somewhere find myself being pushed to place where percentage & marks matter more than talents. The real talents were those who could say YES/NO & nothing more.
We were forced to believe that we are all are born with the same intellectuality, thinking & zeal, but were we treated equally?
Wasn’t “favoritism” a big pandemic that time & may be still continue to be so.
I was called a “DUMB” because, I was a last bencher!
I was called a “DUMB” because I missed 2 precious years of my academics!
I was questioned as of why I am a dumb; but no one, literally no one did anything to do away with the title given to me, which I do not actually want.
Till today our liberty to choose various subjects are being rationalized by our “influential surroundings”. We have very little say to it. I strongly believe today that if we were to be pushed to our limits, let the real freedom to choose, to face, to fail, to try & then to succeed to be given to us. Only then we will not be called a “DUMB”, but probably be acknowledged as a person with status & stature.
Its rightly being said when one teacher cannot teach all subjects, why one student is forced to learn all subjects, let he/she be given the right to choose, only then he/she will be responsible for his/her decision.
I’m not here to challenge the traditional way of education but isn’t a little bit of more freedom do I deserve when it comes to choosing my own career, my dreams, my aspirations.
Don’t my intellectual care takers have a bit of confidence over their own guidance that I am able to choose my own path?
Why I’m not entrusted upon to choose my dreams and let us face our own consequences.

THANK YOU.
.
.
.
Watch our previous chapter CHAPTER 1: GREED
.
Also,
Check our other blogs AQUA-SPEAKS

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts